I went out to the suburbs again last weekend to spend time by the pool with the family and the fur babies. These dogs are seriously living the life—lounging by the pool, frolicking in the grass, having dinner hand-delivered to them every night, regular spa days (aka grooming)…I miss having Eli with me in the city sometimes but he gets to run around the yard and has buddies to play with 24/7. Aside from my parents’ two dogs, he and my sister’s new pup, Delbert, have been getting to know each other better—it’s funny to watch them sniff each other out. Dude knows he’s still my #1 though. Some of you guys who follow my Instagram stories probably already saw this but I can’t resist sharing it again.
Anyway, it was a short and sweet trip. After a chill Saturday afternoon, Saturday night we went out for dinner at a local Italian restaurant. I had salad and some of a meatball appetizer special we got for the table and a grilled salmon entree. This dessert of fresh berries with cannoli cream was brilliant, btw. Fittingly, The Godfather was on tv when we got home (“…Leave the gun, take the cannoli” for my younger and/or uninitiated readers), so we watched that together before I passed out with a bichon lounging on me.
Sunday my mom and I went to yoga and I just hung out with my parents for a while before heading back to the city. For today’s What I Ate Wednesday post, I’m sharing a look at what I ate last Sunday.
- Breakfast: Leftovers from the day before—homemade gaucamole and pickled red onions and beets and a hard-boiled egg over spinach.
- Post-yoga, pre-bus snack: Berries with a spoonful of yogurt
- Lunch: A kitchen-sink salad of arugula, hard-boiled eggs, leftover cooked radishes and summer squash, and avocado.
- Afternoon Snack: The same thing I’ve been obsessed with for way too long—plain Greek yogurt with cocoa powder and frozen berries and a drizzle of sunbutter on top.
- Late Dinner: Egg-white omelet with a side of roasted purple sweet potato; a piece of dark chocolate for dessert
I also tried out this Babe Rosé with Bubbles. Basic, maybe, but I was too curious not to try it! The verdict? It’s actually pretty good—nice and refreshing and not too sweet. Just a heads-up, though—each can is about 8 ounces, which is about two servings of wine, so keep that in mind when considering where it fits into your daily intake. And if you’re a lightweight with wine as I am, know that you probably won’t make it all the way through one without feeling it! I actually had to stop when I was barely halfway through because I did not feel like getting drunk on a hot, sunny afternoon when I had stuff to do. I wish they made mini cans! That said, I’d still buy these again for a party or something because they were really fun and perfect for summer.
What did you do last weekend?