Happy Monday! And if you’re celebrating Memorial Day, I hope you’ve got something fun on the agenda. This is actually the first year in a few that I am both local and not working, so it’s been nice to spend time with friends and enjoy the NYC holiday weekend ghost town vibe.
Today I’ve got a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect if you’re, like, “Oh crap—I’m going to that Memorial Day party and forgot to make something.” Flavorful fresh herbs and bright lemon do the heavy lifting so no one but you has to know what a hot mess you are.
Of course, this is delicious if you just want a tasty side dish to enjoy any day. This is awesome on its own, but you can also toss it into a a larger salad too. I especially love it with arugula, roasted eggplant, zucchini, feta, and hummus-marinated chicken.
I hope you love this!
Herbed Cucumber And Tomato Salad
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 scallion (light green and white part only)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1 cup mint leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon juice (about 2 tablespoons)
- Toss together cucumber, tomatoes, and scallion in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small food processor, pulse remaining ingredients until mint and parsley leaves are well chopped.
- Pour herb and oil mixture over cucumber-tomato mixture and toss well to coat.
What’s your favorite summery salad?