This post is sponsored by Sabra. I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Did you know May 13th is National Hummus Day? Today I’m linking up with the Recipe ReDux to share a new hummus recipe that’s perfect for a satisfying snack or appetizer that can also work great in a meal. So often, we think of hummus & pita or hummus with baby carrots, but there are a bunch of other ways to enjoy it.
Lately, I’ve been really digging hummus as a marinade. The first time I made this, I couldn’t believe I’d never tried it before. It’s already become one of my “in the vault” recipes. Aside from being delicious, it’s also packed with protein and happens to be gluten-free. Enjoy with your favorite veggies and (yes) pita, or pair with a simple salad for a satisfying meal that’s cooks up quickly.
- ½ cup hummus
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- To make marinade, whisk together hummus, yogurt, and olive oil. Thin out with water.
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag. Pour marinade in and shake up to coat chicken. Allow to marinate in the fridge at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove marinated chicken tenders from Ziplock and place on baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy hummus?
The Recipe ReDux is a monthly recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians that aims to inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover.
Disclosure: Though I was not compensated for this post, I did receive free hummus samples from Sabra, and by posting, I am entering a contest to win a monetary prize. Opinions and recipe are my own.
**This post may contain affiliate links.