This post was inspired by a trip sponsored by the Westin Hotel.
As you guys know, I talk a lot about how to stay healthy while traveling and apply the tips I share to my own life, so when the Westin Hotel invited me to visit one of their Boston locations to experience the company’s new wellness offerings, I enthusiastically accepted. I’ll be talking more about my visit in a later post, but for today’sWhat I Ate Wednesday post, I’m sharing a look at some of the delicious food we enjoyed on the trip.
Boston is one of my favorite cities to visit. In a past life before I was a dietitian, I got my BFA at Emerson College in Writing & Publishing, and I still have a lot of friends in the area. Last weekend actually happened to be my 10-year college reunion as well, and my college self would certainly have appreciated the irony of the fact that I barely made it to any alumni events because I was on a press trip for wellness writers. At least I can say I’m using my college education!
Here’s what was on the menu on Friday, when we started with a group yoga class (with the amazing Rebecca Pacheco) and then brunch, followed by a trip to a local tea shop before regrouping to enjoy a boat tour through the harbor and a beautiful seafood dinner.
- Pre-yoga snack: Plain Greek yogurt with a Hodgson Mill Travel Flax Chia packet I’d brought from home; black coffee
- Brunch at Sonsie: More coffee, greens, poached eggs, and avocado topped with house-made tuna salad. Not surprisingly, this was really feeling (lots of healthy fats) so I definitely hit my sweet spot partway through ; tea samples after at Tea Forte
- Afternoon snack: honey habanero chicken jerky (this was a free sample from KRAVE) ; a glass of rose on the boat
- Dinner at Pier 6: salad, grilled octopus, some olives and pickled veggies from the mezze plate, and this gorgeous swordfish entree with kale and citrus : prosecco and later, a bourbon (Basil Haydens) on the rocks to drink
- Bedtime snack: a banana and a shit ton of water to drink to stave off a hangover
What’s your favorite city to visit?
This post was inspired by a trip sponsored by the Westin Hotel. I was provided with a free stay in the hotel and meals but was not otherwise compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
***This post may contain Amazon affiliate links
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.