Because I’ve had a lot of travel in my life recently, I stayed local over the Memorial Day weekend so I could catch my breath and spend time connecting with friends. It ended up being the perfect self-care-centered long weekend.
I spent most of Saturday at a barbecue and then Sunday I enjoyed a chill day that included some writing and food prep, lunch with a girlfriend, and yoga. The perfect self-care Sunday. For this week’s What I Ate Wednesday post, I’m sharing a look at the meals and snacks I enjoyed.
And yes, I almost always pull a tarot card or do a short reading while doing either my morning or evening journal check-in, so that often means while I’m eating breakfast. If you follow me on Instagram stories, you’re probably seen plenty of everyday “woo” stuff.
Anyway…here’s the “what I ate” part of the post.
- Breakfast: (unpictured) leftover roasted purple sweet potatoes and an egg white omelet with veggies and a little hummus & feta inside.
- Lunch at Mermaid Inn: I’m obsessed with their tuna Niçoise salad, so I had to order it (that tapenade dressing ❤️). It was exactly what I wanted. Elana ordered my other favorite, the shakshuka, but no way was I going to interrupt our much-needed catch-up with a photo shoot of her plate—if I ever bring out my phone to photograph a meal out with a friend, it’s just a quick snap and then back to real life.
- Snack: I knew dinner was going to be late so I had a filling pre-yoga snack of 2% plain Greek yogurt with cocoa powder, frozen berries, and a drizzle of sunflower seed butter.
- Dinner: I’d made a batch of hummus-marinated chicken and then was feeling lazy so I just tossed it into a bowl with greens, veggies, avocado, and balsamic and called it dinner.
- For dessert I enjoyed a piece of dark chocolate.
How do you like to spend long weekends?
***This post may contain affiliate links