How is it Halloween already? Thank goodness my old Halloween photos do not exist on the internet. I was always that kid in the nerdy homemade costume that no one would ever guess at. I did find this Halloween photo of me as a toddler, though, probably too afraid to go on the hayride. This was one of the many years I dressed as a cat.
Halloween is a candy-centric holiday, and while I do believe that sugar is sugar is sugar, I appreciate that there are companies out there like Unreal. They use fair trade cocoa, organic dairy in their milk chocolate, and vegetable juices instead of food dyes. Their products are also non-GMO.
I’m calling this a gremlin, but it also kind of looks like a fox. It takes 3 ingredients and is a festive way to dress up a meal or tempt a kid to eat their veggies. They’ll get plenty of candy later.
Sweet Potato Gremlin
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Unreal candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Steam or bake sweet potato. When soft, slice in half.
- Spread yogurt along length of sweet potato to highlight “ears.”
- Place candy pieces close to the bottom for eyes.
What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?