I am obsessed with strawberries this season. I could not have cared less last year, but this time around, I cannot seem to get enough. I’ve been finding ways to add them to all kinds of foods. I don’t usually dig fruit in my salad, but I made an exception for this:
This salad combines the sweetness of strawberries with tangy goat cheese and creamy avocado. Enjoy as a summer side or add tempeh to make it a full meal—perfect for a Meatless Monday dinner when it’s too damn hot to cook.
- 2 cups arugula
- 5 stalks cooked asparagus, sliced
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 serving tempeh (optional)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Toss greens, asparagus, cucumber, strawberries, avocado and goat cheese with oil and vinegar.
- Transfer salad to a plate. Arrange tempeh on top, if using.
What’s your favorite summer fruit?