I was talking recently with a colleague about we never post salad recipes. It’s funny because I eat a salad at some point just about every day, but it’s so commonplace it rarely occurs to me to turn it into a recipe. It’s usually, like, “What flavors do I want to eat together and what’s still good in my fridge that I can toss with greens to call a meal?”
Today I’m changing that and sharing a recent favorite salad recipe with you guys! Avocado and smoked salmon is one of those magical flavor combinations. The mellow, creamy avocado is the perfect contrast to the bright saltiness of the salmon—the balance of heart-healthy fat, fiber, and protein is also helpful for keeping you satisfied.
Added bonus? This comes to together in all of 10 minutes. This recipe makes two servings so you can share nicely or enjoy leftovers the next day. I hope you love this as much as I do!
Smoked Salmon Avocado Salad
- 4 cups arugula or other greens
- 1 cup steamed beets
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 mini-cucumber, sliced into half-moons
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- Toss greens, steamed beets, zucchini noodles, cucumber, and goat cheese in the olive oil and vinegar. Divide salad between two plates.
- Top each plate with half the avocado slices and salmon.
What’s your favorite salad?
**This post may contain affiliate links
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.