Eggplant is one of my favorite foods ever. Once upon a time I lived with a man who hated eggplant and I was very sad.
Then things changed and I could eat all the eggplant I wanted, whenever I wanted. So I did. This recipe has become one of my favorite summer side dishes to enjoy hot or cold. This is great warm mixed with a little roasted garlic and tahini, but it’s also delicious with heirloom tomatoes, goat, cheese, and beans. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb baby eggplant, trimmed
- oil spray or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- garlic powder/crushed roasted garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place eggplant on a foil-lined baking sheet and toss with olive oil or spray with oil spray.
- Roast eggplants until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Slice in half or quarters and toss with balsamic, sesame oil, and garlic powder.
Do you like eggplant? Have you ever not eaten a certain food because of a partner’s dislike for it?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.