Sometimes I post a recipe just so I can remember how the hell I made something. This pumpkin meatloaf is an example of exactly that. It was inspired by a recipe I saw on The Coconut Diaries last year after a lot of clicking around the interwebs, but I had some issues with the cooking time. I wanted to make sure I didn’t forget again!
A note on the gluten-free-ness of this recipe: In a perfect world, all oats would be guaranteed gluten-free, as they’re supposed to exist in nature, but for this recipe, I used some Chex gluten-free oats. You can use whatever rolled or instant oats you have. Hell, I’m sure you could use steel-cut oats and end up with something interesting, but I can’t say I’ve tried it.
- 1 lb raw lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (gluten-free) oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl, and then place inside the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for ~60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Cover with foil and bake another 15 minutes if needed to reach 165 degrees.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.