Sometimes I post a recipe just so I can remember how the hell I made something. This pumpkin meatloaf is an example of exactly that. It was inspired by a recipe I saw on The Coconut Diaries last year after a lot of clicking around the interwebs, but I had some issues with the cooking time. I wanted to make sure I didn’t forget again!
A note on the gluten-free-ness of this recipe: In a perfect world, all oats would be guaranteed gluten-free, as they’re supposed to exist in nature, but for this recipe, I used some Chex gluten-free oats. You can use whatever rolled or instant oats you have. Hell, I’m sure you could use steel-cut oats and end up with something interesting, but I can’t say I’ve tried it.
- 1 lb raw lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup (gluten-free) oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl, and then place inside the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for ~60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Cover with foil and bake another 15 minutes if needed to reach 165 degrees.