Though every season offers beautiful fruits and veggies, summer fruit holds a special place in my heart, especially when it comes to dessert. Growing up, blueberry cobbler was one of my favorite summer treats.
Now, I’ve sworn up and down on this blog that I am not a baker, but fruit cobblers and crumbles are forgiving enough that even the pastry-challenged can pull off a winner. This lightened-up version serves one person perfectly, but you can easily multiply if you’re feeding a crowd. The topping gets it crunch from crushed cereal. I used Shredded Wheat here, but you can use whatever you like. Enjoy!
- 1 small peach, sliced and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Shredded Wheat cereal, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss fruit with lemon juice and honey. Let sit 10 minutes and then arrange in a single-serving baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, cinnamon, cereal, and coconut oil until it becomes a crunchy, crumble texture.
- Press crumble on top of fruit in dish.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until fruit is soft and bubbling and topping is golden brown.
- Serve with plain Greek yogurt, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream if desired.
What’s your favorite summer dessert?