Hot summer weather calls for cold breakfast. Smoothies are great and all, but once in a while you want to chew your food, you know? This month, Stonyfield is teaming up with Justin’s, one of my favorite brands of nut butters. I had fun dreaming up recipe ideas to share with you guys.
I’ve always been a big fan of combining yogurt and peanut butter (if I could tree nuts, I would be all over all the almond butter), but I wanted to do something a little more interesting than, “Look! I made a fruit and yogurt parfait and put peanut butter on it!”
I thought about making some kind of dessert, but every time I attempt dessert, the whole thing falls apart. There was also the fact that it was stupid-hot outside, so a no-bake frozen treat sounded great. As I gathered my ingredients together, I thought this would actually make a great breakfast!
My recipe features Stonyfield’s organic grassfed whole milk yogurt, but feel free to swap in any plain yogurt you like.
Justin’s PB & J Frozen Yogurt Breakfast Bar
- 2 tablespoons Justin’s Classic Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 crumbled graham cracker square, divided
- ½ cup Plain Stonyfield Grassfed Whole Milk Yogurt
- ½ cup blueberries
- Line a small resealable container with parchment paper.
- Spread peanut butter on parchment paper.
- Top nut butter with two-thirds of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Mix yogurt and most of the blueberries together.
- Pour yogurt and berry mixture over graham cracker layer.
- Top yogurt layer with the rest of the berries and remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Information: 336 calories, 22 grams fat (6 grams saturated), 13 grams protein, 34 grams total carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.