While it’s hardly news that indulging in a favorite treat on occasion can help you maintain good habits for the long run, we’ve all had that feeling where we wake up feeling, like, “Why the f*** did I eat/drink so much?” I’m a big believer of just moving on with your life and giving yourself the freedom to skip the food guilt and jump right back in to your usual healthy pattern. Breakfast is an awesome place to hit the reset button.
A few of my go-to’s:
- A green smoothie bowl (this pumpkin spice green smoothie makes an awesome hangover helper, thanks to the potassium in the banana, pumpkin, and spinach)
- An egg white omelet or poached eggs and veggies
- A bowl of oatmeal—sweet like this chocolate zucchini bread version or something savory.
- Sweet potato toast with nut butter
- Plain Greek yogurt with some chia seeds and fruit—those probiotic bacteria in the yogurt help soothe a stressed out GI system.
What’s your favorite morning-after recovery food?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.