A couple weeks ago, I passed a little boy on the street who was pointing up at the sky, yelling, “God, what are you DOING up there?!”
This past year I have felt like that a lot. As I celebrate my birthday today, I can’t help but reflect on all the challenges the past 12 months have brought but also just how much gratitude has been part of the story.
The big, ugly obvious thing has been losing my dad to pancreatic cancer. I haven’t really known how to respond whenever someone says, “You seem to be handling this well” as if grief were a thing to be done well or not well. Just because I don’t share a lot about it on social media doesn’t mean I’m not going through that daily process of putting one foot in front of the other and learning to be more patient with myself.
That said, I am so grateful for all the quality time I got to spend my dad this year as well as for my supportive network of family, friends, and colleagues who have really been there for me. I’m also grateful for the new perspective on what is and isn’t important. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I really do believe in a bigger picture than what we can see with our eyes. Even when I don’t understand the “why” or the “how,” I’m willing to see the small good things and to be open to signs and clues.
This being both the last day of the month and my birthday, it seems like an appropriate day for my monthly round-up of recent publications and media appearances. I also have some exciting things I’ve been working on behind the scenes that I can’t wait to share with you soon. Official announcement coming in early 2019. Stay tuned.
November 2018 Media
- The 5 Foods You Need To Eat This Cold And Flu Season
- Self-Care Is Not Selfish. Exhale CEO Annbeth Eschbach On The Value Of Energy Management
- Is SAD Making You Sleepy? Here’s What To Eat For Lunch.
- Orangetheory Fitness Founder On How To Live A Long And Vibrant Life
- Dr. Taz Wants To Help You Find Your Superpower
- Headspace’s Chief Science Officer Dishes On How To Have A More Mindful Lunch
- Why I Ask My Nutrition Clients To Keep A Gratitude Journal Instead Of A Food Journal
- Pumpkin Frozen-Yogurt Breakfast Bars For A Make-Ahead Breakfast
- How Many Carbs Should You Eat In A Day?
- The One Type Of Fat That’s Best For Beating Winter SAD And Fighting Inflammation
- How To Balance Blood Sugar When Eating These 8 Healthy Foods
- The One-Day Diet To Balance Cortisol Levels
- We found your new favorite calming tea—and it might help with bloating too
- The one thing that healthiest people we know do on Thanksgiving for gut health and better digestion
Once Upon A Pumpkin:
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.