I love a quick and easy make-ahead recipe that’s healthy and filling. I’m a big fan of flexible meal planning because it allows you to honor cravings while also enabling you to remain consistent with my healthy eating goals and habits. These Marinated White Beans are a versatile dish you can make ahead of time to streamline your healthy lunch (or dinner!) routine and are chock full of health benefits. White beans are high in plant-protein and fiber making them filling and they are high in polyphenol antioxidants, which combat oxidative stress in your body. I especially love white beans because they have a creamy texture and a mild flavor that blends well with other foods. As a bonus, this recipe calls for olive oil, which is known to have many health benefits , thanks to its heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Marinated White Beans
Makes about 3 ¾-cup servings
- 1 15-ounce can or 1.5 cups white beans (ex: great northern or cannellini)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt to taste
- A few grinds of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped sundried tomato
- Rinse and drain beans. Set aside.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and spices. Fold in the sundried tomatoes.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and toss well to coat.
- Allow the beans to marinate at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe can be made ahead of time and enjoyed for a few days. You can eat these beans tossed with greens and raw or cooked vegetables. If desired, you can also add additional protein with chicken, fish, or cheese or nutritional yeast.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.