Happy solstice! After the longest winter ever, I’m just so excited it’s officially summer. I don’t know about you, but I cannot believe how quickly this month is passing! I’ve been traveling quite a bit (Boston and Arizona and of course to see the fam in New Jersey) and going to a bunch of great local events as well.
I thought it would be fun today to share some things I’ve been loving lately.
Food And Drink Things:
- Crispy salmon skin. I’ve been honing my skin-crisping skills and holy shit—why did no one tell me how easy it is? This tutorial from Bon Appetit explains it best.
- Kombucha: During and after a trip I like to sip kombucha to introduce some extra probiotics into my day. GTs Ginger and Trilogy flavors and Kevita’s Meyer Lemon and Lemon & Cayenne have been my standby.
- Greek yogurt with cocoa powder stirred in and topped with frozen berries. This has been my go-to afternoon snack on days I’m home. Can’t stop, won’t stop.
- Pickled red onions. These have been an almost weekly thing in my kitchen. I love how easy they are to make! Here’s my go-to recipe.
- Trader Joe’s sauerkraut. I guess fermented things are my thing right now. Given all the traveling and running around, it makes sense that my immune system would be asking for a little help from probiotics in food.
- Trader Joe’s Rose Water Facial Toner. I’ve been keeping this in the fridge and spritzing on after a workout or when I come home sweaty from being out running around. It’s so refreshing and the scent is just heavenly!
- Amber Rae’s Choose Wonder Over Worry. Reading this, I kept nodding my head and saying, “She gets me!” I was kind of sorry when this ended but now want to give copies to all my friends.
- David Sedaris’ Calypso. As a compulsive journal-er, I have a soft spot for memoir. If someone can make me laugh out loud even when talking about dark stuff? Makes me feel like maybe I’m not the only weirdo who can see the humor in terrible things.
For My Ears:
- The You’re Not Getting Any Younger podcast by Jen Glantz. Soulful and fun, I love Jen’s passion and enthusiasm. She asks amazing questions too. Every episode has me laughing and nodding and even tearing up sometimes. It was such an honor to be featured in an episode (11—one of my favorite numbers)!
- I’m also digging Nick Onken’s NION Radio podcast. A must-listen for any creative entrepreneurs out there!
- Tarot card I keep getting: 3 of Cups from The Wild Unknown deck. The keywords for this card are community, network, friendship, support, and joy. This actually makes a lot of sense to me, as I’ve been spending a lot of time collaborating and connecting with others in ways that make me feel joyful and like I’m in the company of people who “get it.”
- Rose oil. Rose is one of my favorite smells—it’s been used therapeutically for a whole range of things. I’m most intrigued by studies exploring its role in treating depression and promoting relaxation. It’s also great for evoking feelings of joy, love, and ease—things that have a funny way of falling by the wayside when you’re doing the solopreneur thing.
What are you loving this month?
This has been another installment of the Running with Spoons Thinking Out Loud link party, where randomness is the name of the game. Thanks to Amanda for hosting.
***This post may contain Amazon affiliate links