September may be here, but we can still enjoy the late-summer produce. There are still delicious peaches at the farmers’ market, so may as well enjoy the hell out of ’em. This dessert is stupid-easy, even for disaster bakers like myself. This sweet-spicy recipe happens to be paleo-friendly for any of you cave-folks playing along at home. Want more of a kick? I highly recommend a little bourbon cooked in with the peaches because bourbon & peaches together is all the things.
- 1 peach, sliced
- ½ tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp oats (or almond flour if preferred)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated or ¼ tsp ground
- ½-1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp honey (or other sweetener of choice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange peach slices in a ramekin or oven-safe bowl.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine coconut flour, oats, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Melt ginger, coconut oil, and honey in the microwave and add to dry ingredients to form a crumble.
- Spread crumble over peach slices and bake 10-12 minutes or until crumble begins to brown.
- Allow to cool and top with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or coconut cream as desired. Also recommended: a drizzle of caramel sauce.
What’s your favorite dessert?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.