If you’re in need of a last-minute holiday cookie recipe, I’ve got you covered. My family has been obsessed with these sunflower butter blossom cookies the last few weeks, and they are so easy to make!
I tried a few different versions and this one was my favorite. Enjoy!
Sunflower Butter Blossom Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup creamy unsweetened sunflower seed butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1 cup granulated sweetener or choice (allulose was my favorite I tested because it’s a little less sweet than sugar)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sea salt for garnish
- 24 Hershey’s Kisses (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together sunflower seed butter, sweetener, and egg. The mixture will thicken up as you stir.
- Scoop and roll out tablespoon-sized balls and place them several inches apart on the cookie sheets. Using a fork, press into the top to make a criss -cross pattern. Garnish with sea salt if desired.
- Bake at 350 until the cookies have puffed up a little bit, about 10 minutes. Place a Hershey’s kiss in the center of each cookie and put back in the oven for another 2-5 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to one week or freezer.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.