I’ve got a new, stupid-easy recipe to share today that’s perfect for a busy weeknight. I’ve been noticing lately that a lot of my clients have been complaining about feeling stuck in a rut with fish or always making salmon, so this recipe, which comes together in about 20 minutes, is a delicious change of pace. It’s also basically idiot-proof and requires minimal prep or clean-up time.
Confession: I have been really slacking on the dinner front myself recently. You don’t even want to know how many nights at 8 or 9 pm I’ve just thrown stuff in a bowl and been, like, “It’s…salad!” The combination of heat and evening events makes me lazy about cooking this time of year. Even dietitians have our weak points!
Anyway, to get out that habit, last week I challenged myself to actually cook dinner. I seriously need to do this more often.
Wild cod is one of my favorite fish to cook because it’s mild in flavor and incredibly versatile. You can pair it with so many different flavors. Here, I used a mix of cooked (from frozen) broccoli rabe, purple cauliflower, and fresh grated zucchini. I warmed that all up together and topped it off with herbed feat cheese and an extra squeeze. of lemon. That said, you could seriously pair this with almost anything.
Easy Foil-Wrapped Cod
- Baking Pan
- 1 boneless, skinless wild cod fillet (~6 ounces)
- Olive oil spray
- Garlic powder
- Dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and dry cod, and place on foil.
- Spritz fish with oil and top with spices.
- Fold foil edges over and secure tightly to make a packet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 400 or until fish (thicker cuts of fish will take longer)
- Remove from oven and allow fish to sit for a few minutes until foil is cool enough to handle.
- Squeeze lemon over fish and serve with your favorite vegetables.
Variations: You can use almost any type of fish and mix up the seasonings. Just note that cooking times may vary.
What dinner do you make way too often?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.