Looking for an easy vegetable side that’s full of flavor? I love broccolini for a quick and nutritious addition to a weeknight meal, so I’m eager to share the recipe below with you. Not only is broccolini’s beautiful green color so uplifting, but this veggie’s nutritional content gives many reasons to add it to your plate. Broccolini is rich in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium, and also boasts more protein than most other vegetables.
Broccolini cooks up super fast and pairs well with all kinds of dishes. I always like to add lots of garlic and red pepper flakes for a kick. You can enjoy it as a side with your favorite protein or toss into pasta or a stir-fry!
Here is my go-to Easy Broccolini recipe:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
- 1-2 pounds broccolini
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broccolini and sauté until broccolini begins to soften.
- Add water and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow water to evaporate.
- The broccolini is done when it is bright green and can be pricked with a fork but is still crisp.
I hope you enjoy making and eating this broccolini side dish as much as I do!