Today I’m taking a break from all the pumpkin-themed stuff to share a super-easy fall dessert that’s great for one of those chilly days you want something a little special or even a dinner party where you have an hour until guests arrive and you realize, “Oh crap—I forgot about dessert.” Please tell me I’m not the only person that happens to…
Seasonal fruit and fresh whipped cream is my go-to easy dessert option because it’s the perfect combination of healthy and indulgent. Berries in the summer or baked pears or apples are some of my favorites. When you’re in a rush, though, the last thing you want to do is worry about timing out oven pre-heating and baking and cooling.
Usually when I make whipped cream—which seriously only takes 5 minutes but is so worth it—I typically just use a little maple syrup to sweeten it, but this takes it step further with bourbon maple syrup and a hint of sea salt to offset the sweetness in the apple.
It doesn’t get much easier than this, seriously.
Shortcut Baked Apple With Salted Maple Whipped Cream
- 4 small gala apples, diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Dash of sea salt
- Toss apples with cinnamon and vanilla. Microwave on HIGH in 1-minute intervals until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a cold metal bowl, whip heavy cream. Once cream is whipped, fold in maple syrup and sea salt.
- Divide apple mixture between 4 bowls. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream.
Variations: If you’re only making this for one person, you can make a batch of whipped cream and store it, covered, in the fridge a few days.
What’s your favorite fall dessert?
You might also like…