I have been trying to make more plant-based dinners the past few months, and so far it’s been a really fun challenge that honestly doesn’t even feel like a challenge.
I’ve been getting a lot of requests for more air fryer recipes, so today I’m sharing one of my favorite things to make in mine: tofu. It makes it so crispy and perfect for tossing with a sauce or adding to a stir-fry without it falling apart on you.
I go through phases where I become re-obsessed with Buffalo sauce, so it was really just a matter of time before Buffalo tofu became a thing.
What I also love about this meal? It’s ready in 30 minutes or less. Clutch for busy weeknights when I honestly wish dinner would just make itself sometimes.
If you don’t have an air fryer you can totally bake this in the oven. I listed the instructions below.
I like to serve this with a simple salad with a blue cheese yogurt dressing, but I’ve also enjoyed it on a plate with cauliflower rice and roasted broccoli. Whatever appeals to you! You can also use the dressing as a dip and put toothpicks into the tofu cubes for a cute plant-based party snack
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Tofu
For The Tofu:
- 1 14-oz block extra firm tofu
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce (Amazon link)
- Avocado oil spray
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk (I like unsweetened pea protein milk for this)
- ¼ -½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To quick-press the tofu, drain it and transfer it to a clean dish cloth. Cut the block Ainto 1-inch cubes. Wrap tightly in the dishcloth and place a heavy pot on top to press the moisture from the tofu.
- Preheat tofu air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add the tofu to the air fryer basket and spritz with avocado oil spray. Toss well to coat. Cook for 12-15 minutes, shaking at least once for even cooking.
- Heat the Buffalo sauce in a skillet and add the cooked tofu. Stir well to coat.
- To make the dressing, whisk together yogurt, milk, blue cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Serve the tofu with the blue cheese dip or with a salad on the side
Notes: You can also bake the tofu at 400 degrees F in the oven until crispy and then add the Buffalo sauce and toss well before baking another five or ten minutes.