I have been trying to make more plant-based dinners the past few months, and so far it’s been a really fun challenge that honestly doesn’t even feel like a challenge.
I’ve been getting a lot of requests for more air fryer recipes, so today I’m sharing one of my favorite things to make in mine: tofu. It makes it so crispy and perfect for tossing with a sauce or adding to a stir-fry without it falling apart on you.
I go through phases where I become re-obsessed with Buffalo sauce, so it was really just a matter of time before Buffalo tofu became a thing.
What I also love about this meal? It’s ready in 30 minutes or less. Clutch for busy weeknights when I honestly wish dinner would just make itself sometimes.
If you don’t have an air fryer you can totally bake this in the oven. I listed the instructions below.
I like to serve this with a simple salad with a blue cheese yogurt dressing, but I’ve also enjoyed it on a plate with cauliflower rice and roasted broccoli. Whatever appeals to you! You can also use the dressing as a dip and put toothpicks into the tofu cubes for a cute plant-based party snack
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Easy Air Fryer Buffalo Tofu
For The Tofu:
- 1 14-oz block extra firm tofu
- ½ cup Buffalo sauce (Amazon link)
- Avocado oil spray
For the dressing:
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk (I like unsweetened pea protein milk for this)
- ¼ -½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To quick-press the tofu, drain it and transfer it to a clean dish cloth. Cut the block Ainto 1-inch cubes. Wrap tightly in the dishcloth and place a heavy pot on top to press the moisture from the tofu.
- Preheat tofu air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add the tofu to the air fryer basket and spritz with avocado oil spray. Toss well to coat. Cook for 12-15 minutes, shaking at least once for even cooking.
- Heat the Buffalo sauce in a skillet and add the cooked tofu. Stir well to coat.
- To make the dressing, whisk together yogurt, milk, blue cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Serve the tofu with the blue cheese dip or with a salad on the side
Notes: You can also bake the tofu at 400 degrees F in the oven until crispy and then add the Buffalo sauce and toss well before baking another five or ten minutes.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.