When I was out in New Jersey a few weekends ago testing a dessert recipe for my sister’s bridal shower. And by testing a recipe, I mean making sure that Magnolia’s Banana Pudding is just as user-friendly and delicious as it appears. It totally passed the test. Phew!
Anyway, as we stood in my parents’ kitchen slicing bananas, Jules mentioned these dark chocolate-covered banana snacks she’d seen at the store. I couldn’t get it out of my mind for days, so decided to make my own.
What I like about these is that they’re the perfect “little something” for when you want a taste of something sweet after a meal. They’re also super-easy to make.
Dark Chocolate Banana Bites
- 2 medium to large bananas, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/2 ounce white chocolate
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments.
- Roll banana slices in dark chocolate until covered. Place slices on waved paper on a plate or baking sheet and freeze at least one hour to harden chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave. Drizzle over banana slices. Place back in freezer until ready to enjoy.
Makes ~12-16 rounds
What’s your go-to when you want a taste of something sweet?
***This post may contain affiliate links