Good morning and happy Monday. While slogging through my annual December cold the other day, I decided to share my favorite cold remedy with you. I got this recipe from a doctor I was fortunate enough to work with while volunteering at a comprehensive care clinic for HIV patients when I was a student, and it’s been one of my go-to fixes ever since.
I actually made you a video to go with the recipe. Pardon the DIY-ness, but when you’re home sick, you have to keep yourself amused somehow.
- 12-16 oz water
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, add turmeric to water and bring to a boil.
- Take off the heat and stir in ginger and pepper.
- Drink in small sips throughout the day.
What’s your go-to cold remedy?