Goat cheese is one of my absolute favorite types of cheese. Because it’s so flavorful, a little goes a very long way, making it ideal for adding a little something to your food without overdoing it—hitting that “in moderation” sweet spot, if you will.
A few years ago I had this amazing chocolate goat cheese. I’ve since looked all over the place for it, but no luck. I’m not sure why it took me so long to realize I could just make my own, but better late than never! This comes together in five minutes and is perfect for your next gathering or even just for dressing up your everyday snack. I love it with sliced granny smith apple or raspberries, but you can also enjoy this with graham crackers or another slightly-sweet cracker. Enjoy!
Chocolate Goat Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice (sugar, stevia, honey, maple syrup, etc)
- Pulse ingredients in a food processor until well-mixed and smooth.
- To serve, pair with berries, sliced apple, or graham crackers.
Makes 8 2-tablespoon servings.
Nutrition information per serving (without sweetener): 54 calories, 3 grams protein, 4 grams fat, 1 gram carbohydrate, 0 grams added sugar
Nutrition information was calculated using the USDA supertracker.
What’s your favorite cheese?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.