I am a huge fan of meals you can make in one pan or pot and that are easy to customize. This chicken recipe is one of my go-to dinners that I make almost every week. This is also really easy to scale up if you want to make extra for leftovers. It’s also really versatile. My favorite version of this is with parsnips, but you can sub them for another root vegetable like butternut or kabocha squash, carrots, or sweet potato.
- Avocado oil spray or avocado oil to grease the baking dish *
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
- 3-5 parsnips, peeled and chopped**
- Garlic powder
- Dried Rosemary
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray or grease a glass baking dish with avocado oil.
- Lay brussels sprouts, parsnips, and spices in the baking dish and stir well to mix.
- Put the chicken thighs, top-down, over the vegetables. Spray again with avocado oil and add more spices if desired.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes. Flip chicken and stir vegetables and then return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Allow chicken to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
*You can substitute another neutral flavored oil that performs well under high heat