Today I’m teaming up with Stonyfield and The Cookful, a new site for food geeks to nerd out on all their favorite food topics. Something I’ve been getting into lately in my own kitchen is yogurt-based dressings.
This one has become my go-to all purpose dressing. I find the herbes de Provences (typically a mix of rosemary, thyme, oregano, marjoram, savory, and other herbs) make this versatile enough to use with a wide variety of flavors. One of my favorite pairings was a salad topped with baked falafel and babaganoush—perfection.
- juice from one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de provence
- 1-2 tablespoons water, if needed
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients.
- Keep cold until ready to serve. The dressing keeps well for 3-4 days.
What’s your go-to dressing?