Do you ever have one of those days where things don’t go at all as planned but it kind of works out for the best? Last Sunday was like that for me.
I was supposed to go to an event but because of the half-marathon (which I’d forgotten about) I wasn’t able to get there on time. On my way (I tried to get there before giving up) I’d also realized I’d left both my Epi pen and my emergency Benadryl at home by mistake, and I have major anxiety about going to a food event without it, so I figured the physical roadblocks were a sign not to put myself through the overthink drama. Can anyone else out there with allergies relate?
Anyway, it turned out to be a nice day after all. I caught up on a backlog of work, did some meal prep, and went to yoga. I also had a chance to catch up with a girlfriend over lunch. It’s crazy how months can go by but when you see each other it’s like no time at all has passed. Because I wasn’t rushing back and forth across town, I also was able to get some work done on a few projects that were stressing me out. Totally worked out for the best.
For this week’s What I Ate Wednesday post I’m sharing a look at what I ate through the day.
- Breakfast: Breakfast salad with avocado
- Late-morning snack: Coffee with cocoa powder and collagen
- Lunch: the Niçoise salad at the Mermaid Inn is one of my favorite restaurant meals do I had to order it—so good!
- Afternoon snack: Greek yogurt with cocoa powder and frozen raspberries
- Dinner: homemade chicken soup and leftover veggies
What’s one if your favorite restaurant meals?
***This post may contain affiliate links