Happy Wednesday! Hope you’re having a great week so far! For this week’s What I Ate Wednesday food diary-style post, I’m sharing a peek at my Thanksgiving this year.
It was my first Thanksgiving traveling further than New Jersey in…seven (?) years, but it was so nice. My parents, sister, and some of my extended family all went to South Carolina together. I’d really been struggling with Seasonal Affective Disorder the past few weeks, and getting some extra time in warmer temps was really helpful. I enjoyed a lot of outside time, along with a few good workouts, yoga with my sister, and some outlet shopping. It feels good to have most of my holiday gift list taken care of! Of course, there was plenty of tasty food.
Thanksgiving itself was really low-key. I went for a walk with my mom in the morning, then yoga with my sister. Friends and family came over for dinner around 3, and after that it was just a really chill day of eating and drinking and playing card games. Here’s a peak at the food part:
- Breakfast: Plain Greek yogurt with ground flax, cinnamon, and pumpkin
- Lunch: Kale with chickpeas, tomato, hummus, and goat cheese ; turkey jerky a few hours later
- Appetizers: Veggies with hummus, a piece of cheddar cheese, a couple pieces of salami
- Thanksgiving dinner: Turkey, salad, green beans
- To drink: sparkling wine, bourbon
- Dessert: Berries, whipped cream, a square of dark chocolate
**This post may contain affiliate links.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.