Recently, I’ve been sharing more looks at what I eat on work-from-home and weekend days, but for this week’s What I Ate Wednesday post, I’m sharing a peek at my hectic Monday eats instead. So much of what we see on social media is so damn curated, and the boring truth is that not every day is super-photogenic. Some days you just throw stuff in a bowl and call it “lunch” or “dinner” or “how I’m going to get from point A to point B without losing my s***.”
Mondays are my counseling day, where I’m on-site at a TV network doing back-to-back sessions with employees in the company wellness center. I absolutely love it—I learn so much from the people I work with there, and it’s inspiring to see how healthy changes can improve someone’s whole quality of life. That said, it’s a long day—I leave the house early and don’t get home until pretty late, so I need to be on top of how I fuel myself. I like to start my morning with a satisfying workout. I used to rush to go to yoga on my way to work, but in recent weeks, I’ve found I get a lot more mental benefits by giving myself the chance to start at a more moderate pace. Monday morning sets the tone for the whole week, so minimizing the crazy has been so helpful!
Making sure I have nourishing, balanced meals also helps. Here’s a look at what I ate last Monday to me going.
- Pre-workout snack: roasted purple sweet potatoes
- Breakfast: Mushroom, kale, and cheddar frittata with the last of the potatoes
- Lunch: Arugula salad with zoodles, roasted delicata squash, yogurt & hummus-marinated chicken, beets, radishes, and avocado; white wine vinegar to dress
- Afternoon snack: plain Greek yogurt with white chia seeds
- Dinner: Roasted eggplant and chickpea casserole with an egg, tahini, and goat cheese
What do you like to eat to stay fueled on busy days?
**This post may contain affiliate links.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.