Happy What I Ate Wednesday. How’s your week going so far? Anyone else noticing any full-moon madness? This week has been full of all kinds of stuff. I’m just trying to go with the flow while remembering to dot the i’s and cross the t’s. Oh, and by the way, today is the last day to enter the RedPack Tomato giveaway. Winning a prize would be a nice treat this week, right?
So, back to our regularly-scheduled WIAW-ness. Saturday at the hospital was more or less routine. Despite operating on 3 hours of sleep, I felt surprisingly okay. I think it was the sunshine and extra-chatty patients. Or it could have been the quart of coffee I had on my way to work…Yeah. Saturday, also known as the day I drank a quart of black coffee on an empty stomach and felt nothing.
Here’s what I ate to get me through my shift:
- Breakfast: Zucchini bread oatmeal with peanut butter
- Lunch: A small kale salad with steamed peppers and homemade miso dressing; lentil soup
- Snacks: A Jarlsberg mini; an apple; (unpictured) plain Greek yogurt with coconut flour cinnamon, and cocoa powder when I got home
- Dinner: Salmon and veggies that I’d mixed with hummus I’m trying to use up (class); a dark chocolate wedge for dessert
- Bedtime Snack: Sliced banana with nonfat ricotta and a drizzle of maple syrup (ugly picture, but there you have it)
How do you cope with lack of sleep?
To see more WIAW from other bloggers, visit founder Jenn’s blog Peas & Crayons.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.