Happy What I Ate Wednesday! How’s your week going?
After enjoying a relaxing weekend, I worked from home on Monday, which also included catching up on laundry and errands as well. Before my 7:00 hot yoga class, I had this great coconut water green juice from Organic Avenue. I love that the juice was more expensive than the yoga. Still, the combination was a great way to ease myself into the day. I was really sore from walking around the city the previous afternoon with some friends, but by the time I got home, groceries in hand, I felt human again.
My meals were of the “use up the old to make room for the new” variety. Between running around doing various tasks and tending to (and walking) the luck dragon, I felt a little “off” all day in terms of timing and dealing with interrupted meals because of puppy things, but it is what it is—and at least I’m getting a better hang of it.
- Breakfast: Oats in a jar. I followed this recipe, except I made it on the stovetop instead of the microwave, mostly because I had the extra ten minutes.
- Lunch: A giant salad and cabbage soup my mom made.
- Snack: a gorgeous peach with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and raspberry jam.
- Dinner: Randomness—Cauliflower rice, spinach, and a Trader Joe’s masala burger, topped with a poached egg, hemp seeds, and tahini.
- Snack: A banana with nonfat ricotta and a little Vanilla Chex.
What are some of your favorite pre-workout snacks and drinks?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.