Welcome to another What I Ate Wednesday. Though I don’t have any grand Fourth of July Weekend recap, I do have a tidy little collage of what I ate to get me through my shifts at the hospital.
- Breakfast: Amanda’s awesome cheesecake-inspired dip mixed with flax and berries, topped with cereal
- Lunch: A salad with lots of leftover veggies and a couple hard-boiled eggs; an apple
- Snacks: Dry-roasted edamame; a banana with peanut butter before bed
- Dinner: An egg white scramble and an Ezekiel English muffin with hummus and roasted eggplant
- Drinks: Iced coffee x 2; a glass of rose wine with dinner
For better or worse, the only real difference between Saturday and Sunday was that I had a chickpea flour pancake with veggies, tahini, and avocado on Saturday night instead of an egg white scramble. Sometimes when I’m really busy/stressed, it helps to just go on autopilot and/or prep a bunch of stuff at once. Very exciting, I know.
What was the best thing you ate last weekend? Food-wise, how do you deal when time is tight?
What was the best wedding you’ve been to? What do you like to eat before a big event?