The Trauma Warrior’s Toolbox
Nutrition and Lifestyle Game-changers to Support Trauma Recovery
Do you get frustrated by how overwhelmed or emotionally exhausted you get when you feel triggered? Does trauma-related anxiety run your life? Do you struggle with sleep?
Navigating everyday stress can be challenging, but when you’ve got a trauma history in the background, it can make you feel extra sensitive to stress and make it harder to get your mind and body back on track when you feel triggered. Maybe you’ve heard that nutrition and lifestyle changes can help you heal, but you have no idea where to find those resources.
I’ve been there, and I’m here to help. I’m a registered dietitian, health coach, author, and certified Pilates instructor who also happens to be a PTSD survivor. I also know how hard it can be to find the supportive resources you need. That’s why I created the Trauma Warrior’s Toolbox.
Is this course for you?
Do you have a history of trauma that is impacting your eating habits, mood, sleep, and self-esteem? Have you worked with or are you currently working with a therapist but feel like something is missing? Are you easily overwhelmed by stress and frustrated that you are thrown off by triggers? Do you find it hard to trust others and to trust your own body? Do you just want to feel “normal” again?
You may be tired of trying to figure out everything yourself and ready to make a change, but you also have a lot going on in your life between work, family, and social demands, and need to be realistic about your time and energy bandwidth—oh man, do I get that.
In this course, you will hear from people who understand what you are going through and gain tools for trauma recovery. You are not alone.
In this 8-week course we cover topics such as:
- Demystifying the ways trauma affects the mind and body
- What to eat to keep your mood and energy balanced
- Foods with stress-fighting properties
- Making healthy eating habits sustainable
- How exercise can support a healthy stress response
- The mind-body connection
- The ways breath work, meditation, and mindfulness can support recovery
- How to enjoy more restful sleep and what to do when you can’t sleep
- Everyday stress management tools
Here’s what’s included:
- Self-guided weekly modules (in Practice Better app) that include videos, audio, and PDF handouts
- A PDF workbook
- Weekly group calls on Zoom
- Access to replays of group calls
- Option for monthly 1:1 sessions (available for additional fee)
- Group Chat
- Private secure messaging in Practice Better
Making Healthy Living seem accessible
Jessica also offers consulting and brand partnerships and IS available as a speaker or podcast guest.
About Jessica Cording
Jessica has experience in the clinical setting, long-term care, corporate wellness, and private practice. She is the author of The Little Book of Game-Changers: 50 Healthy Habits for Managing Stress & Anxiety and The Farewell Tour: A Caregiver’s Guide to Stress Management, Sane Nutrition. She is also the creator of the Drama-Free Healthy Living Podcast.
After publishing her own story about healing from PTSD on mindbodygreen, Jessica got many messages from people looking for resources. Sorry to tell them she didn’t know of many, Jessica decided to create her own resources to help people heal from trauma.
Photo credit: Peek Photography