So, after some thought, super-food granola floated to the top of the thought-pile. This recipe is very similar to my dark chocolate coconut granola, except with more add-ins. Enjoy on its own with milk or as a garnish on yogurt, oatmeal, or anything else that sounds good! I made a giant batch, but here’s a scaled-down version if you’re looking for something to get you through the week.
- 2 c rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- cinnamon to taste
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c dried cherries, blueberries, and/or strawberries (cranberries would work too)
- 1/2 package Trader Joe’s roasted coconut chips
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt coconut oil, maple syrup, and honey in a microwave-safe bowl (~10-20 seconds). Whisk in cocoa powder and vanilla. Mix in 2 tbsp chocolate chips. Melt a few seconds in the microwave if needed.
- In another bowl, mix together oats, coconut, flax, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Add chocolate mixture to oats. Stir to combine. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes. Remove and stir. Put back in oven and back another 15 or 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes to prevent burning.
- Allow to cool before adding dried fruit, coconut chips, chia seeds, and the rest of the chocolate chips and pouring into a storage container.
Did you make any edible holiday gifts this year?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.