Good morning and happy Tuesday! Because the universe has a sense of humor, I started my week off by losing a filling (again) in what is basically my only cavity. It’s been a long time since the last time it happened, but it’s so absurd I just had to laugh. It hurts a bit, so I’m glad my dentist was able to offer an early-evening appointment.
It’s also been a while (if not nearly as long) since I’ve posted a self-indulgent playlist hasn’t it? Here’s what I’ve been listening to lately. And by lately, I mostly mean when I’m doing yoga by candlelight at the ass-crack of dawn on weekdays. Or when I’m on the subway or when I’m trying to get into a groove with nutrition assessments at work or crying over a tooth or…okay, maybe, like, all the time. Some of my playlists are more “up and at ’em,” where this is much more mellow while still a bit “I acknowledge your intense feelings, October!” Have fun.
- Make War-Bright Eyes
- Carey-Joni Mitchell
- If You See Her Say Hello (bootleg series version)-Bob Dylan
- Singing Call (demo version)-Stephen Stills
- Still Crazy After All These Years- Paul Simon
- Round and Round (It Won’t Be Long)- Neil Young
- Bookends-Simon & Garfunkel
- Clean Slate- M. Ward
- A Case of You-Joni Mitchell
- Right Between the Eyes (demo version)- Graham Nash
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow?-Carole King
- Landslide-Fleetwood Mac
- In Spite of Me-Morphine
- Eyeoneye-Andrew Bird
- Four Winds-Bright Eyes
- Shake-The Head and the Heart
- Simple Twist of Fate-Jeff Tweedy
- There Goes the Fear-Doves
- Walk on Me-Ben Kweller
- Ridin’ in my Car-She & Him
- Train Underwater (live)-Bright Eyes
What songs are you listening to on repeat lately?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.