Good morning and happy weekend. How’s everyone faring in the snow? I was hearing all this talk on the radio yesterday about “snow-induced boredom,” but I can’t say I experienced any of that. I actually happened to have the day off from my clinical job (taking my last vacation day of 2013), so I spent it doing things like cleaning and catching up on emails (how did 600 messages pile up in my inbox?). I somehow managed not to go out until the evening, when I had drink-and-dinner plans downtown. Of course, the day involved savory breakfast: leftover quinoa salad with kale, roasted veggies, egg whites, and goat cheese.
I also thought I’d share a new playlist, since it’s been a while since I’ve posted one. I’ll let you in on a little secret: I hate working out to music. Or more like, I love it, but I inevitably start dancing along to whatever’s playing, which is seriously embarrassing. I’d much rather humiliate myself like that at a wedding, where everyone is drinking. The only exception is yoga, which is the perfect setting for music. Remember that time I went to Pink Floyd yoga?
So far, this playlist has been great for powering through a busy workday or cleaning the bathroom or just putting something on in the background on a cold winter afternoon. Enjoy!
- I Am A Rock-Simon & Garfunkel
- Clean Slate-M. Ward
- Classy Girls-the Lumineers
- Just Like A Woman- Bob Dylan
- Requiem on Water-Imperial Mammoth
- Changes-David Bowie
- Substitute-the Who
- Elenore-the Turtles
- Winter in my Heart- the Avett Brothers
- Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues-Bob Dylan
- I Don’t Care if there’s Cursing-Phosphorescent
- Lost in My Mind-The Head and the Heart
- Watching the Wheels- John Lennon
- Bring it on Home to Me- Sam Cooke
- You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere- Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard
- God Made Man-Young the Giant
- Mr. Tambourine Man-the Byrds
- Northern Lights-Bowerbirds
- Sunlight in a Jar-the Lucksmiths
- Buckets of Rain-Bob Dylan
- Shine a Light-the Rolling Stones
What songs are you loving lately?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.