- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 a medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 a large carrot, finely chopped
- Ground cumin
- Chili Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Ground black pepper
- 2 15-oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (you could use a whole 16-oz can too)
- 4 vegetable broth
- Salt to taste
1. In a large pot heat the oil, then add the onion, garlic, carrot, cumin, cinnamon, chili powder, and pepper, and stir often until the onion has softened. About 3 to 4 minutes.
2. In a food processor puree the beans, pumpkin and tomatoes. Add the puree, and broth to the pot.
3. Simmer uncovered until thick, stirring often while scraping the bottom, about 30 minutes or until desired thickness. Salt to taste.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.