So, the other night while studying/wrestling with my undiagnosed Adult ADD, I decided to make cranberry sauce. Go figure, it was way easier than it sounded and only cut into my precious study time (hah) about 20 minutes, all told. Oh, and it was delicious and low in sugar to boot. Here’s the recipe…
- 1.5 c cranberries (all that was left in my bag), rinsed
- 3/4 c water
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 c maple syrup or honey
- Place ingredients in a saucepot. Bring to a boil and lower heat.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is dissolved and cranberries are soft. Note: the cranberries will pop, so don’t freak out. It’s totally normal.
- Take off heat and serve or place into glass container for storage. This can be served cold but is much better warm.
Serving suggestion: Add cranberry sauce with peanut butter to oatmeal—so freaking good!
What do you do when you’re procrastinating?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.