In my head, November started off as a slow month. Having to deal with some stuff in my personal life and to make more time for twice-a-week physical therapy appointments on top of the usual work and meetings meant I had to turn down some event invitations and really rein it in with the run-arounds, especially since even a light week involves a considerable amount of Metrocard use.
At first I was beating myself up but reminded myself that sometimes it’s really important to take a moment to catch our breath and get grounded. And then a funny thing happened. As the month wore on, I started to notice how much more focused and productive I felt when I gave myself that extra space. Feeling my body recover and become stronger, physically, was also really encouraging. As this month’s media list grew, it also gave me an important reality check. Writing-wise and in relation to media appearances, this has actually been one of my busiest, most fruitful months ever. Perception really counts for so much!
Anyway, this is a really special edition of my monthly media round-up for me because today also happens to be my birthday. Recounting some tiny wins from the month is an awesome way to celebrate! So anyway, here’s a list of publications and media appearance from the past month:
- Happy Halloween! Here’s How To Deal With All That Candy
- How Good Housekeeping’s Nutrition Director Fits Healthy Living Into A Hectic Schedule
- What Health Experts Snack On
- Eating For Energy When You’re On The Road
- Healthy Habits For Successful Networking
- Why The Potential Intermittent Fasting Benefits May Not Be Worth The Risks
- How To Deal When Friends And Family Don’t Support Your Healthy Habits
- Superfoods you should be eating for fall
- Healthy hacks to make a bowl of cereal more filling
- Healthy ways to enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers
- Does Your Favorite Food Pass The “Whole Foods Test”?
- How To Quit Your Low-Carb Diet Without Gaining All The Weight Back
- 9 Things Nutritionists Want You To Know Before Using Reddit For Weight Loss
- 5 High-Protein Snacks That Will Keep You Full Until Dinner
- The Excellent Reason Why Trainer Emily Skye Ate Mostly Junk Food During Her First Trimester
- Trainer Erin Thomas Says The 10 Pounds She Gained Represent ‘Happiness, Health, and Balance’
How did you celebrate your last birthday?
This has been another installment of the Running with Spoons Thinking Out Loud link party, where randomness is the name of the game. Thanks to Amanda for hosting.