Happy Monday! I’m getting back into the swing of things after traveling to Arizona for mindbodygreen’s Revitalize this past weekend, and it’s days like these when I’m tired from a trip and don’t have groceries yet that I’m thankful I stock my freezer with plenty of frozen veggies, fruit, and protein options. A big green smoothie is one of my favorite post-trip breakfasts because it’s a great way to get in a balanced meal without much fuss.
I found my favorite quite by accident one day when I was feeling like I needed something new and got curious about what would happen if I threw frozen cauliflower into the blender. I was going on a tip from a neighbor. “Worst case scenario,” I figured, I just don’t like it and never have to make it again.”
Um, yeah, it was love at first sip. Or as much love as a person can have for a frozen drink. I’m always amused by those people you see on social media who seem to have genuine passion and affection for smoothie bowls and their Vitamix . Whatever does it for you, I guess, but I’m just happy to call this a delicious breakfast so I have energy for all those human things that make me genuinely happy instead of just social media-“look how many likes I have”-happy.
Anyway…I hope you dig this. I don’t think I’ve made a smoothie without this weird-is-good ingredient since the first time I tried it. That’s saying a lot for a Sagittarius.
Cauliflower Green Smoothie
- 1 cup water, coconut water, or milk of choice
- 1-2 scoops protein powder (right now loving this one but also really into pea protein powder for a plant-based option )
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 a frozen banana
- 3/4 -1 cup frozen cauliflower
- 2 cups baby spinach or 1 cup frozen
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or other topping for garnish
- Layer ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or bowl. Garnish with chia seeds.
What’s the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever put in a smoothie?
***This post may contain Amazon affiliate links.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.