I received free samples of the Breton Crackers mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Breton Crackers and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Today I’m joining up with the Recipe ReDux and Breton Crackers to bring you a tasty, easy recipe that’s perfect for summer entertaining. I’m rarely one to volunteer to bring dessert or sweet stuff. It’s mostly that I lack those mad baking skills—baking sometimes gives me PTSD to that time I almost blew up the organic chem lab and they had to evacuate the entire building. In the warm weather months, though, it’s easy to keep it simple—and healthy—without skimping on flavor.
I always jump at the chance to bring a healthy option of fresh, seasonal fruit and a version of my go-to cheesecake-inspired dip. This is perfect for a simple dessert or a healthy barely-sweet appetizer. Added bonus: it’s packed with protein and is tree-nut and peanut-free.
Whether prepping for a special occasion or an impromptu get-together, Breton crackers make each bite better. Their Artisanal Sweet Potato and Ancient Grains crackers have a tender yet crisp taste that pairs perfectly with a creamy dip. This whole recipe comes together in about 10 minutes but can easily be made ahead. Either way, you’ll be prepared, whether you have days to prep or are more, like, “Oh no! Why did I just tell them to come over?” A delicious adventure, either way. Enjoy!
Just-Sweet Summer Dip with Breton Crackers
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey plus additional for drizzling
- 1 package Breton Artisanal Sweet Potato and Ancient Grain Crackers
- Fruit for dipping, such as sliced peaches, strawberries, or mixed berries
- Pulse all ingredients except crackers in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a serving dish and crumble a few crackers on top. Drizzle honey on top if desired.
- To serve, spread crackers with dip and place fruit on top. If preferred, arrange crackers and fruit on a platter so guests can create their own flavor combinations.
What’s your favorite summer appetizer or dessert?
The Recipe ReDux is a monthly recipe challenge founded by registered dietitians that aims to inspire the food lover in every healthy eater and inspire the healthy eater in every food lover.