So, yeah. Today is my golden birthday—I’m 30 on the 30th. When I was a kid, turning thirty used to sound so far away (and old), and now I’m like, “Wait, didn’t this already happen a few years ago?” That said, it’s amazing how time passes so quickly.
When thinking about today’s recipe post, Valerie’s chocolate cakes were the obvious choice. Valerie took care of my sister and I back when we were still in diapers, and even though she moved back to France when we were still very young, she’s remained a family friend, and it’s always lovely to see her when she comes back to the NYC area.
On one of her last visits, she made these delicious little chocolate cakes, and graciously allowed me to share the recipe with you all today.
Valerie’s Chocolate Cakes
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons flour
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well between each egg.
- Add sugar and flour. Mix well.
- Pour cake batter into colds and bake until set but still moist, about 15-20 minutes.
To serve, garnish with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
What’s your favorite cake?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.