Hi guys! Hope you had a nice weekend. Today I’ve got a tasty recipe from guest poster Heather for you to enjoy.
Hello, everyone! I’m so excited to be sharing this recipe on Jessica’s blog today! Over on Polyglot Jot I love to share recipes, healthy living tips, and some personal posts sprinkled in the mix. I post Monday-Friday so I hope to see you there soon! BUT WAIT– don’t you dare click away from this delicious recipe I am about to share! Today’s BBQ Tofu Tacos are gluten free, vegan, and the perfect Meatless Monday OR Taco Tuesday dinner. With just the right mixture of sweet and spicy, you’ll notice hints of Asian flavors & a deliciously tangy BBQ sauce.
BBQ Tofu Tacos
- 1 Extra Firm Block of Tofu
- ½ Lime
- ¼ Cup Tamari
- ½ Can Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Teaspoon Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 Degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except tofu together in small mixing bowl. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Cut Tofu into small cubes.
- Pour sauce in bowl with cubed tofu. Mix well to combine. Cover & Marinate 30 minutes.
- Place tofu on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes turning them every 5-8 minutes or until all sides are crispy and browned.
- Place baked tofu in corn tortillas and top with desired taco toppings. I used sprouts, corn, and diced onion.
I hope that you enjoy this twist on your average taco! A huge thanks to Jessica once again for allowing me to do this guest post! Head on over to my page to check out some of my other recipes; I post a new recipe every Friday in a series I call Foodie Friday. Hope to see you over there!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.