Happy Saturday, everyone! Hope you’ve got a great day planned. My class reading is done, no looming work deadlines, and I just had an awesome workout. Once I find my way to the bottom of this gigantic bowl of oatmeal (chia seeds + chopped apple + extra water= volume), I’m off to a bridesmaid dress fitting with some of my favorite girls. I can’t wait to see them.
- 1/2 c oats
- 1.5 c water (more if needed)
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- cinnamon, ground cloves, ginger
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp-ish almond butter
- Bring water to a boil. Add oats, chia seeds, apple.
- Reduce heat and add spices. Allow to cook until liquid is absorbed and apple pieces are soft. In the last two minutes, add vanilla.
- Pour into a giant bowl and stir in almond butter.