Not having a TV can be a good excuse to go to the gym. Or rather, a good reason not to make excuses? I don’t know, the caffeine hasn’t kicked in yet, but I’m glad I got up a little early—I got to see Megan McCormick perform on CBS’ Early Show Second Cup Cafe. Always a plus : )
Click here for a video.
Having a good workout under your belt for the day doesn’t suck either. Even better? Having breakfast already made and waiting for you. Needing to work through a can of pumpkin puree was a great excuse for making one of the ugliest but tastiest breakfasts known to humankind—pumpkin overnight oats.
- 1/3 c rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp ground flax meal
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/3-1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet splenda (maple syrup, honey or any other sweetener would work)
- 3/4 c almond milk
- Mix ingredients in a bowl and store in fridge at least 1-2 hours or overnight. I have a glass pyrex bowl with a cover I like to use.
- In the morning, remove from fridge and eat! I like to swirl a little almond butter in, which is exactly what I did this morning. Amazing.
Hope you guys have good plans for the long weekend. Tomorrow I’m meeting some of my favorite gals for belly dancing class and brunch. There’s also going to be some working and back-to-school planning. I can’t believe I start up again on Tuesday! I’m a little nervous about how a full-time class schedule is going to fit into what already feels like a busy workweek, but it’ll happen. At least I don’t have any labs this semester…Cheers to no more broken flasks or exploding thermometers!
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.