Have you ever had that thing happen when you’re planning to make something for an event or get-together that centers on one key ingredient, and then you can’t find that thing anywhere? That happened to me not too long ago—I needed strawberries, and then I couldn’t seem to find any at the stores near me that weren’t moldy or gross. Thankfully, I had some frozen ones handy, so I was still able to make this strawberry crisp
Did you know there’s a difference between a crisp and a crumble? I’d always wondered about that—turns out that a crisp contains oats in the topping, whereas a crumble does not. Now I know. This recipe happens to be fairly healthy, but for a slightly indulgent twist, try it topped with a dollop of salted whipped cream .
Easy Strawberry Crumble
- 4 cups frozen sliced strawberries, thawed or fresh
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons oat or coconut flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if desired)
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons teaspoon coconut oil or ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine strawberries and lemon juice in a large bowl. Divide between 4 mini baking dishes.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, oats, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla to flour mixture to make crumbly topping.
- Scatter crumble over berries.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, about 20-25 minutes.
Serve warm or cold.
What’s your favorite summer dessert?
***This post may contain Amazon affiliate links.