I cook when I’m procrastinating. Last month, when faced with 8 projects and very little time in which to complete them, I just had to make soup one morning. I saw this jar of Nonna’s Smoky Sauce from City Saucery, grabbed a bag of red lentils from the cupboard, and decided to see what would happen.
Served over steamed kale and topped with a spoonful of goat cheese, the result made for a delicious lunch.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 24-oz jar tomato sauce of choice
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Sautee onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add red lentils, stir to coat. Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir. Simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Do you procrastinate? What do you do when you “should” be doing other things?