I cook when I’m procrastinating. Last month, when faced with 8 projects and very little time in which to complete them, I just had to make soup one morning. I saw this jar of Nonna’s Smoky Sauce from City Saucery, grabbed a bag of red lentils from the cupboard, and decided to see what would happen.
Served over steamed kale and topped with a spoonful of goat cheese, the result made for a delicious lunch.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 24-oz jar tomato sauce of choice
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Sautee onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add red lentils, stir to coat. Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add sauce and stir. Simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Do you procrastinate? What do you do when you “should” be doing other things?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.