A few weeks ago, I hosted a potluck brunch for several of my RD friends. I’d had lofty goals of making some kind of summer-fruit dessert, but then (whomp whom) my oven broke. Though I could have gone the no-bake route, the 90-degree temps got me thinking about ice cream and sorbet. I looked at the frozen fruit selection in my freezer and then this happened.
As fate would have it, one of my friends’ husbands made an outstanding vanilla ice cream and another brought a gorgeous fruit salad with coconut tossed in—dessert ended up being a gorgeous celebration of summer flavors after all!
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 large frozen banana
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk, plus extra if needed
- 1 cup frozen berries
- Blend first three ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding more coconut milk if needed, a tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in berries until well mixed.
- Pour sorbet into a freezer-safe container and freezer until ready to eat.
What’s your favorite sorbet flavor?