So, I have to apologize in advance. This recipe is hardly healthy. It is, however, delicious and uncomplicated, and a great example of something that’s actually worth the “once in a while” splurge status. This recipe combines two of my favorite indulgences (which also happen to be rich in antioxidants): dark chocolate and red wine. I like to cut these brownies into tiny squares to enjoy the rich flavor without overdoing it. These also happen to be delicious crumbled into plain yogurt if you’re up for a weird-is-good snack.
Dark Chocolate Red Wine Brownies
- 3 oz dark chocolate (at least 65%), broken into pieces
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup red wine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Add wine and whisk until well combined. Add eggs and whisk in to mix.
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt, stirring well to combine until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and cut into 1-inch square. Dust with cocoa powder (optional) to serve.
What’s your favorite “once in a while” treat?
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to get the latest nutrition information, self-care strategies, and healthy living tips delivered right to your inbox.